StereoWise: Building a Stereo Set
The most Important thing when building a Audio - Hifi - Stereo Set is setting a Budget, take into account 5 - 10 % margin for unforseen extra cost. And don't forget - there is no Perfect Stereo Set in the whole world! Forget all those Audio - Hifi Freaks, just listen with your own Ears, they don't lie. You can trust them.
1. Loudpeakers: keep it simple, monitor speaker ( book shelf ) or floorstanding
2. Amplifier: the safe choice is to buy a integrated amplifier, everything is done by the factory, don.t forget that some speakers need Power and Control,
By a integrated amplifier is a little bit more power always a good choice, get some advice from your Audio - Hifi specialist.
For your first ( basic ) Stereo set you can start with a basic amplifier simple 2 x 50 / 100 Watt / 8 Ohm, At this moment there are amplifiers for sale with built-in audio streaming services and also a cd-player, or storage Then we are actually talking about an
Example of All -in-One amplifier
3. Amplifier: If you go a bit further on Audio Hifi you can also choose a combination of Pre & Power amplifier in this case you will also have to deal with separate equipment for records or cd's and audio - music streaming.
Example of Pre & Power amplifier
Below an overview of different record player, cd-player and music-streamer ( 4, 5, 6 )
7. Amplifier: We are going to do the serious work when putting together a High - End Stereo set, so we choose a Preamplifier in combination with a Mono Power Amplifier. Below an overview of different combinations.
8. Amplifiers Tube ( valve ): We now come to a very special yet important group, namely Tube Amplifiers. Here to you can choose an Integrated amplifier, or a combination of Pre.& Power amplifier. With the icing on the cake being a combination of Preamplifier and Mono Power Amplifier.
When choosing Tube Amplifiers, I advise you to do this with someone with experience in this field with this type of amplifiers, the synergy between amplifier, loudspeaker and cables is very important. My personal opinion is that Tube Amplifiers generally look very nice.
Tube Stereo Integrated Amplifier
Example of Pre & Power amplifier
Example of a Preamplier & Mono Power Amplifier ( Tube / Valve )
Then we come to a part of the Audio - Hifi set that should not be underestimated. We need different types of cables. Let's start with Speakercables, Powercables, Interconnections XLR - RCA, USB, HDMI, and not to forget the Power strip.
I am working on a Audio - Hifi Stereo Set for a Friend - Budget around € 15.000,-
Integrated Amplifier Harman Kardon Citation - Class D - 2 x 125 W / 8 Ohm - 2 x 200 W / 4 Ohm size 215 x 75 x 230 - € 599,- New and ultra modern - over 300 music streaming services.
Advance Paris MyConnect 150 - € 1.995,- + X-FBTO 2 dongle - € 129,95 - Setprice - € 2.124,95
Integrated Stereo Amplifier 2 x 130 W / 8 Ohm - 2 x 190 W / 4 Ohm ( + CD - Player )
GATO DIA 400 NPM ( stream module ) - € 3.995,-
Integrated Stereo Amplifier - 2 x 400 W / 8 Ohm - 2 x 800 W / 4 Ohm
NAD M 33 - Integrated Stereo Amplifier - € 5.499,- ( Included streaming module )
2 x 200 W / 8 Ohm - 2 x 340 W / 4 Ohm
don't forget that you leave some space for your cables, will this be gone in the future ???
25 oktober 2021